Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Homemade Granola

Here is Homemade Granola I finally decided to try and make. I really like it. We eat it alone, with milk or on yogurt! It is yummy!
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. 
Get a large cookie sheet out and fit the bottom with a sheet of wax paper
You'll need:
3 1/2 cup Old Fashion Oats
1 cup of sliced Almonds
If you like nuts also add a cup of any other nut you like
1/2 - 1 cup of Sunflower Seeds- unsalted
(depending on how many nuts you put in)
1/2 - 1 cup of Pumpkin Seed- unsalted
* I could only find salted, so I rinsed and dried my seeds before adding them in*

Mix all of the above in a bowl and add:
2tsp Ground Cinnamon 
1tsp Ground Ginger
1/2tsp Ground Nutmeg

On low heat, melt in a small sauce pan:
8T Unsalted Butter

With a rubber spatula mix in:
1/2 cup Honey

Take off Heat and add to Honey & Butter: 
2tsp Vanilla 

Mix the Honey mixture with your Oats mixture and place on wax paper.
Bake for 55 Minutes and then let cool completely.

 When it cools it will harden.
After it cools you can break up in clusters or smaller pieces, however you will most enjoy it!
If you are a fan of them, add a few Raisins or Craisins to the top after baking to mix in.



1 comment:

Chelsi said...

Oh, I LOVE granola. I'm gonna have to try the recipe! Thanks! :)